Monday, November 5, 2018

My Stories from the Field - Chapter 5

This is the fifth post in a long sequence where I want to share stories of real people I have met either while working with a life insurance company, or as an independent investment adviser. My goal is to share their stories so I can impart the lessons I learned in the hopes that these lessons will also serve others - this is for you, my readers!
*All my subjects will be either John or Mary, for privacy reasons.

I'm in a little bit of a melancholic mood today, so I decided to bring up a sad topic. I want to talk about some of my clients who have passed away. It's always sad for the family and loved ones left behind. Financial headaches only amplify the pain. After so many years helping people with life insurance, I am convinced of the importance of this type of protection. I understand how it can help alleviate the headache when at least the financial worries are lessened.

One family that is near and dear to my heart didn't have any life insurance in place when I first met them. I was able to help John and Mary purchase life insurance policies that were to take care of their final expenses, even though Mary had some medical problems, and their income was not regular. They had the wisdom to keep the policies in place over the years, while John got diagnosed with cancer and had a long and hard fight.

Through the tough years and the sad time that came, my heart went out to them. There was also a little light for me, from a professional standpoint: I was able to help this family find some peace of mind and lessen their financial burden. Even though this didn't help on an emotional level, it was still helpful; it gave Mary some stability when John passed away. For someone with very limited income and financial resources, not having to worry about the funeral expenses means the world at such a time. And I'm blessed to be able to play a role in setting this up for them.

The hardest thing I have ever had to do in my years with the life insurance company, was helping a grandfather fill out a claim form when his granddaughter died in a car accident. Knowing that John was suffering, was the only thing that prevented my tears from running down my face as I sat at the table, filling out the claim form. The silver lining in the situation was the fact that the family didn't have to come up with the money for the unexpected funeral arrangements. Even so, it was the hardest thing I had to do, and the one that most proved to me the reason why I need to keep helping people find their financial serenity by creating, protecting and transferring their wealth.

Please remember this:
"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago; the next best time is now." (Chinese proverb) - This goes for life insurance as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment